Puddle Plains HD
WAHEY! Welcome to our forums! You can sign-in or register to join!

Nintendo Direct - 03/03/2016 - My thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nintendo Direct - 03/03/2016 - My thoughts

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:10 am

So here's my opinions from the Nintendo Direct from March 3rd, 2016. Respond with your own opinions or critiques of mine! Razz

Star Fox Zero: I haven't been really hyped for this because I'm not the biggest Star Fox fan but the game looks good. I am disappointed with the lack of multiplayer (not counting that pretty lame looking 2 player mode) as I really feel this series should have it. The tower defense "Star Fox Guard" looks neat, and it comes with the game so that's good.

Splatoon Updates: Nothing to really comment on. I should get back into this game.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games: I'm not gonna lie here... this game actually looks like it could be really good. Like the next good Mario Sports title. I'm assuming motion controls from the Wii games are gone so I could see myself getting it. The Rugby game looks awesome.

Super Mario Maker Updates: OMG I WANT THIS NOW UGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! *ahem* Okay seriously while the Super Mario World pounders are cool the key mechanics are awesome. There's locked doors that need keys to open, and you can make enemies hold keys making mandatory bosses better than Clown Car fights. Also you can make collectible red coins that give you a key when you get them all. I'm really hyped!

SMT x FE (now titled Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE): Looks neat? I'm not too excited I got nothing here.

Lost Reavers: This is a F2P MMORPG style game that looks really fun and I can't wait to play it. I hope it's good.

Paper Mario Color Splash: Never played Sticker Star, heard it was poo. This also looks like the same.

Pokken Tournament, Twilight Princess HD: Didn't really show anything new, don't particularly want either of them.

My Nintendo: They briefly mentioned the new rewards program. Uh... ok.

Animal Crossing amiibo: New cards are on the way and Isabelle a standalone Amiibo. But AC isn't my thing. I feel like I don't care for alot of stuff in this direct. Razz

SNES games on New 3DS: This is awesome, but silly that it's not compatible on the reg 3DS. It can support it that's some bull right there.

Pocket Card Journey: uhhhhh

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2: I gotta get into this series, it looks really good.

Fire Emblem Fates DLC: Cool

Hyrule Warriors Legends: My pet peeve with this is that the extra content on the 3DS isn't DLC for the Wii U game. You have to transfer the data which is silly.

Disney Art Academy: You can draw Elsa, SOLD! Razz

Bravely Second End Layer: I REALLY need to play the first game, and I own it! Catmancer.

Dragon Quest VII: This remake looks solid, I liked the original game and I intend to get this. Hope it's not full price.

Monster Hunter Generations: More MH woo didn't really get into 4 I dunno about this.

Metroid Prime Federation Force: Nintendo firing all the shots at fans. Seriously if this game wasn't called Metroid I don't think people would be upset. It looks actually good, provided the frame rate isn't terrible.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix: RULES OF NATURE

Kirby Planet Robobot: Kirby with Ride Armor. I'm on board. Considering it's another platforming Kirby game.

That's it, sorry I didn't go in-depth with everything wanted to mention everything in the Direct.

Back to top Go down

Re: Nintendo Direct - 03/03/2016 - My thoughts

Post by steveken789 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:44 am

All the games seems kinda ...Meh

Paper Mario got screwed since it got released on the 3DS since even Super Paper Mario's half RPG, half Platformer was fun but Paper Mario Sticker Star became an Usual Mario Game (All 3 previous games had Peach playable as well, even with her getting Kidnapped but Sticker Star only had Mario playable)

The rest I don't quite have anything to say but Pokken Tournament looks pretty epic

steveken789
Puddle Splasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:14 pm

I didn't get an email saying you signed up was it just from awhile ago? I'm just confused is all. Not upset lol just confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Umm disregard this. Apparently there was an issue because the forums hadn't been used in so long that it made me activate new members until it became active enough again. Apparently it has now reached that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:01 am

Snack's thoughts! Been wanting to just get these out! There are some things that were shown that I really just don't have anything to say about, so I'll just point out what stuck out to me.

Really excited for Star Fox Zero still! My biggest worry since the game's announcement has been the awkward-looking controls (First person gamepad/3rd person screen), but it visually looks good and seems really to adhere to the form of the series while not being a remake. Cautiously optimistic still, but I really hope this one is a huge hit.

Why did Mario & Sonic Rio actually look fun!? Never played an installment in the series, but I was under the impression that they were mini-game collections. This looked like an actual sports game though, if not a little simplified. The rugby was specifically cool, but I also like the prospect of Donkey Kong doing rhythmic gymnastics. We'll see.

While I just don't much enjoy playing the game and still haven't ever made a lev, the inclusion of keys and the red key coins in Super Mario Maker really seems like they'll allow for WAY more level creativity.

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE gets ANOTHER name change, and continues to be the weebest shit Nintendo has to offer. Kind of weird that the Fire Emblem aspect wasn't even mentioned in this direct, and that it seems to be getting pushed further and further to the side, but I think the game kind of looks good. Big fan of the SMT Persona games, so I might pick this up if it's released to a lot of positive reception.

I get that the negativity surrounding this game is really harshing the vibes of people who are excited for it, and that sucks. That said, Paper Mario Color Splash really just looks underwhelming to me. I really like Paper Mario, TTYD, and Super Paper Mario, and haven't played Sticker Star. But the statements that this looks like a sequel to that game seem accurate. What I loved about the Paper Mario series wasn't ever the gameplay, but the charming world and lovable partner characters. It seems like the new games are a reversal of this, and are all about coming up with new gimmicky gameplay mechanics while the world seems flatter (lol) than ever. I'm not saying the game is gonna be bad, and it's likely that what we saw was an early version, but at this point I am not excited for the release at all.

On one hand, the SNES Virtual Console releases not being available for regular 3DS/XL systems is lame. On the other hand, I have a New 3DS XL and am happy that I have a new reason to own it other than it just being an upgrade from the regular 3DS. I'll probably get a couple of these games to have on the go.

The Dragon Quest VII remake coming over here is cool! I know a lot of series fans had no hope that it would. Not much into the series, but maybe I'll give this one a try!

I liked what I played of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, but it hasn't really held my interests in the long run. Won't be getting Monster Hunter Cross because of this.

OKAY. So as a huge Metroid fan, I was disappointed by Metroid Prime: Federation Force when it was initially announced at E3. BUT as time has gone on, I've more or less accepted it as a spin-off, and these days am kind of excited for the game. In addition to the footage from this direct, I've seen some preview footage of the game, and it actually looks pretty fun. Gives me sort of a "Metroid's version of Triforce Heroes" vibe, and I like the idea of that. Again, like I kind of said above about Color Splash, just don't be that person who starts screaming "END OF THE FRANCHISE" and ranting about how awful the game is, even if you're disappointed.

Finally, Kirby: Planet Robotron is something, like all Kirby games, that I'll pick up for $20 at the end of the system's lifespan. I like Kirby, but it's far from my favorite series, and I don't like to pay full price for his games. Razz Mega Man X Ride Armor system looks interesting. Seems like it'll mix with the powers kind of like the animals do in Dream Land 2 and 3. Either way, an announcement for a completely new game that nobody expected was a great way to end the direct!

Over all, I think this was a good direct that it had a lot to it and shared a lot of information with us, even if a lot of that information wasn't of my hugest interests. These can't be E3 every time, people!! Snumpo out.
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top