Puddle Plains HD
WAHEY! Welcome to our forums! You can sign-in or register to join!
Puddle Plains HD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day

+2
SlimKirby
KingKienzan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day Empty Smash Bros. Pic of the Day

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 pm

I was doing this over on BOTemzUp but gave up after PAX because I got lazy. So here it is again! The game will be out by the end of the year so there's plenty of pictures left to go! Also this will auto-update with the pic of the day so I don't have to keep reposting it, so discuss away!

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day Daily-en

Last edited by Odinspack on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day Empty Re: Smash Bros. Pic of the Day

Post by KingKienzan Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:26 pm

When I just saw the Sticker Star part, I was disappointed. Seeing S.S. Flavion gives me hope though. Also, Flavio should totally be playable. :p
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

http://twitch.tv/kingofkienzan

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimKirby Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:39 pm

I really hope there is even more Paper Mario representation after seeing these pics. I have my doubts about there being a Paper Mario playable character, but....I know there has been a lot of push from the gaming public since Brawl about Paper Mario "Entering the Fold." Razz

Not really sure what I think about the stages though....the first looks too plain and while I love the idea of the SS Flavion....isn't the stage just Pirate Ship from Brawl?
SlimKirby
SlimKirby
HE

http://slimkirby.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 pm

I like this! Don't think we'll get Paper Mario as a playable character, but it's good to see representation from this totally worthy series for the first time in Smash.

I believe there will be at least one more segment to this stage, and I hope it's a memorable one! Don't think either the windmill area or the S.S. Flavion are the best showcase of Paper Mario's environments. However, both segments look relatively straightforward in the stills, and to me that suggests they will be fun to play on! I'm sure there will be stage hazards (like the fan and blooper seem to be), but nothing looks too gimmicky.

A stage revealed in the pic of the day is always great Very Happy Plus this gives us a stage to make Racist Goombario jokes on whenever we play it, so that's a...good thing?
Snackattack8
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimKirby Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am

I guess Pac-Man is going to end up being pretty similar to Mr. Game and Watch....maybe not in terms of a clone, but the fact that MGAW has all of those attacks based on his Game and Watch games and Pac-Man does something similar with old Namco arcade games. That's something I can dig! At least he isn't a clone! =P
SlimKirby
SlimKirby
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks for posting this today Tarran, I'll try to be more attentive in the future. I'm digging the Namco stuff, is this related to the S Flag item or something Pac-Man can do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:05 pm

Another new stage! As Sakurai pretty much said without actually saying, this is definitely N's Castle from Black and White. It seems like legendary Pokemon may show up as stage hazards, similar to Brawl's Spear Pillar. I thought this was a really cool area when I played through White, so I'm excited to see it represented! Plus, more Pokemon stages means more Pokemon music remixes, and that's always a good thing. I can't see them not doing this one:
Snackattack8
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimKirby Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Let's actually get an image in here with what Snackurai is describing! =P

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day ZlCfzSPRioIHoRLm3J

It's good that Gen 5 got some representation here! Especially considering how fast Gen 6 came out (much shorter wait than it was from 4 to 5). Although I wonder if Gen III will ever get anything, because there has been at least a character or stage from every generation so far, while III has only given us Pokeballs.
SlimKirby
SlimKirby
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:59 pm

SlimKirby wrote:Let's actually get an image in here with what Snackurai is describing! =P

I figured the auto-posted one at the top of the thread was good enough Razz

I agree that it would be good to see some more representation from Gen III. However, we now know that there will be at least two Pokemon stages in the 3DS version, while only one has been confirmed for Wii U. There could be a chance for a Gen III-themed stage in that version yet!
Snackattack8
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKienzan Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 pm

Snackattack8 wrote:Another new stage! As Sakurai pretty much said without actually saying, this is definitely N's Castle from Black and White. It seems like legendary Pokemon may show up as stage hazards, similar to Brawl's Spear Pillar. I thought this was a really cool area when I played through White, so I'm excited to see it represented!  Plus, more Pokemon stages means more Pokemon music remixes, and that's always a good thing. I can't see them not doing this one:

Now if only we can get the best Pokemon music ever.
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 am

KingKienzan wrote: Now if only we can get the best Pokemon music ever.

The fact that this wasn't included in Brawl still confuses me.
Snackattack8
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimKirby Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Well look at me, being a fruit loop dingus......didn't even notice that the first post was autofixed to always be the new picture. Razz

Anyway, as for the new Pic of the Day, looks like a modification to the Home Run Contest? =O

The Home Bomb Contest? I am intrigued.
SlimKirby
SlimKirby
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day T9SNlPR

Here's the second image posted!

It's Angry Birds: Smash Bros.! I hope I wasn't the only one to make that connection Razz I'm thinking it will probably be more in-depth than it looks in these screens too, with different courses, difficulty levels, etc.

This looks fun, but also sort of makes me nervous. Sakurai says that it's a combination of the Home-run Contest and Target Test, and while I would be fine with having this replace the former, I really hope there is still a separate Target Test mode in the game! That's always been one of my favorite aspects of the Smash Bros. series, and I was hoping that this game would return to the more traditional "unique test for each character" style of the first two games, as opposed to the way it was in Brawl (which I found disappointing). I know there are a ton of characters now, which might make it too much work to create an individual level for each, but I dunno.

That said, Sakurai hasn't confirmed anything more than that this is a mode in the game. We'll have to see what is/isn't included when it actually comes out!
Snackattack8
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKienzan Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 pm

That should say something, that an Angry Birds type thing is relegated only to a mini-game. :p

That being said, I'm pretty sure I remember Home-Run contest being confirmed to be in the game, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see Target Tests return too. Hopefully it has the individual ones, like Snack said.
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimKirby Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:47 pm

I love the Angry Birds idea! Not because I like Angry Birds, but I love the idea of those types of mobile games being used as mini-game concepts. I do hope it doesn't cancel out the Target Test, as Snack mentioned, but it's still early and I feel like this is more of a Home-Run Contest rip off than Target Test, so I think it still has a very good shot.

SlimKirby
SlimKirby
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day SSB4_-_Prince_Sable_Trophy

The second picture to go along with the one at the top. It appears that this guy will be an assist trophy (although wasn't specifically mentioned that he was). He's from some Japanese-only Game Boy game. Highly obscure. He turns into a frog or snake and attacks nearby players, trapping them in a dust cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snackattack8 Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:29 pm

I guess this is...cool? I don't really have much to say about it. I do like how Nintendo always pulls a few characters into each Smash Bros. from some of their more obscure works, and brings them to light for people who may not know about them. Highly unlikely that Prince-Frog-Snake-Guy will become massively popular with fans and bring about the revival of a franchise or anything, but you get what I mean Razz

I looked this game up, and apparently Richard, the character who appears in Link's Awakening, is a reference to a character of the same name in the game this guy is from! The music that plays in his villa is a remix of this game's title theme, and the frogs that live there are references too.

Also, after mentioning Richard, I feel the need to link to this
Snackattack8
Snackattack8
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKienzan Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm guessing Daybreak will be the new Dragoon. I'm okay with this.
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKienzan Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Also, cool to see Richard make his way as an assist trophy. Still think he should be a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. :p
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Smash Bros. Pic of the Day 640px-SSB4_-_Trophy_Shop

This goes along with the Dr. Wily picture. Summed up, apparently the 3DS version will have more trophies than the Wii U version. There's also a shop with which to use in-game coins that you earn by playing modes like in Melee and Brawl, or it seems you can also use Play Coins (which you get by walking around with your 3DS) to purchase them as well.

Also with all these 3D models of Mega Man stuff, can they just make an actual new game already? Sakurai does games better than the original developers. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKienzan Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:52 am

I could go on a very long rant about Capcom right now... but I think you all know my stance right now. :p

Anyway, trophy system looks pretty legit.
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKienzan Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Meta-Knight confirmed?
KingKienzan
KingKienzan
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimKirby Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:32 am

Looks similar to what they are doing in Mario Golf World Tour...there are a lot of different costumes and apparels you can wear....heck, there is a costume for every single character that your Mii can wear..including Bowser Jr....which looks kind of creepy.
SlimKirby
SlimKirby
HE

Back to top Go down

Post by TMSonic1228 Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Meta-Knight!!

TMSonic1228
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Infern Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 pm

I like the idea of them looking different. They could've just had it where they look the same but act different. But that little extra effort really makes the game nice

Infern
Puddle Splasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next